Future continuous Tense
When we want to express an activity or event going on at a particular time or over a specific period in future will be + -ing (future continuous tense) is used.
Sub + will be/shall be + action + ing + obj.
You/they/he/she/it/name/plural noun + will be doing
I/we + shall be + doing.
But these days, in modern English we don’t use shall be in speaking; it is just used for the sake of writing.
- I will be facing the interview tomorrow.
- Next time, we will be going to see the Church at Sardhana in Meerut.
- Next month, the prime minister of India – Narendra Modi will be celebrating five years in power.
- At 4 o’clock, I will be going to meet with the CEO of the company.
- Sumit will be running the 1600 mitres Army race this Friday.
- Ashish will be running a marathon this Sunday.
- I will be watching the Conjuring movie.
- Sumit will be competing against Ashish in the race.
- Anand Sir will be teaching English at 10 o’clock.
Read blow Negative sentences of Future Continuous Tense
Sub + will not be(won’t be) + action + ing + obj.
- She won’t be taking a bath now.
- He won’t be making a speech at the moment.
- They won’t be getting serious when mother scolds.
- It won’t be raining heavily at night.
Interrogative sentences I(Future continuous Tense):
Will + sub + be + action + ing + Obj?
- Will you be learning the Guitar on Sunday?
- Will he be expecting good behaviour from him?
- Will she be coming here?
- Will Kapil be singing a song in the concert?
Interrogative negative sentences II:
Will + sub + not + be + action + ing + obj?
- Will you not be going to market?
- Will she not be talking to you at night?
- Will he not be working in this company next year?
- Will Farmers not be committing suicide next year?
- Will the BJP not be celebrating its winning moment?
Won’t + Sub + be + action + ing + Obj?
- Won’t she be telling you the truth?
- Won’t he be getting your point while studying?
- Won’t they be playing carrom board?
- Won’t Rahul be facing his problems?
- Won’t your younger brother be cooking food?
Fill in the blanks with suitable verbs(Future continuous Tense):
- She will be ………. Interview tomorrow. (face, faces, facing)
- They won’t be ………… examinations. (take, giving, taking)
- What ……. be eating for lunch tomorrow?
(has he, did he, was he, will he)
- What ……. be buying from market or haven’t made a plan so far?
(Will you, did you, have you, were you)
- Won’t …….. be raining heavily tonight?
( he, it, you, we)
- There is an appointment with a doctor of mine. Oh really! Will you be …………. nervous?
( feel, feels, feeling, felt)
- Why ……. he not be learning how to cook food?
(will, have, did, does)
- Sumit ……… facing interview tomorrow.
(shall be, will be, was)
- ……….. your friend be marrying in winter.
(shan’t, was, won’t, )
- I think that he …….. delivering the speech.
(shall be, was, will be, do)